Monday, June 1, 2009

America's Life

While most of us sat cozy,
together in our homes,
people were out in the cold relentless night.
They trudged through nights so dark and cold and,
they marched with their heads held high,
fighting, not for themselves,
but for others.
For stars brighter than day,
and for stripes red and white,
flying freely above it all.
In their hands they cradled our lives,
they protected us and sacrificed their lives,
and they asked for nothing.
They did it because they cared.
They cared so strongly,
to save our America.
To save America's life.

4 comments:

  1. i love that!!! haha love ya babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. My son is a veteran of the Iraq war, those words for me have such a deep beautiful meaning, thank you for sharing them! Also thank you for visiting my blog! I hope you don't mind my becoming a follower of your's. Goodnight,& sweet dreams. ( awe Charlotte & Wilber that's so sweet! )xo~

    ReplyDelete